Cross pen kit refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bhenr99

Are any of you having trouble with the Cross refills that come in the kits? Do any of you replace them with a better refill? Thanks for any help.

Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

I do not do much kits with cross style refills anymore, but my experience with the refills coming with the kits is quite positive. I use a lot of Berea ballpoint kits and their quality is very good. I have customers coming back to me asking for this type of refill since the brand name they buy in the stores are not as good as the original coming in the pen. The only flaw in Berea's kits is the rollerball refills from Hauser, these are crap, but can be used very good as mix sticks for my epoxy - I replace them all with Schmidt refills (the metal tube ones).

Are any of you having trouble with the Cross refills that come in the kits? Do any of you replace them with a better refill? Thanks for any help.

Bob

Hi Bob,
As a general rule, the refills that come with the kits are pretty good. That said, I did get some slimlines a few months back that were leaking when I opened the kits... I got them on closeout from one of our top re-seller suppliers... I think they had switched to a new supplier, but weren't happy with the quality and switched back to their original supplier... they closed out a few kits at a very very good price and I bought a supply... I needed the bright work more than the refills and had a supply of cross style refills from an office supply house closeout sale, so I just switched them out. I advised the supplier of the problem, but didn't ask for a replacement since it would have cost him more to replace the refills than I paid for the kits.. and I already had a supply of replacements anyway. And since they've gone back to their original supplier you won't see that problem again.

fafow

I buy Cross refills from Costco. They ship for free. They come out to about $2 per refill. I had one of the refills that came with a kit go dry on me in a few weeks. I know that can happen with anyone and I would pefer to add another $2 to the cost of my pen and not be concerned about that. If the Cross refill goes dry early, at least my customer won't think I was cutting costs on the refill.

George7

I've had one of my sisters who mentioned that the refill in the pen I gave her went dry very quickly. The pens that use myself have lasted quite well.

I've had one of my sisters who mentioned that the refill in the pen I gave her went dry very quickly. The pens that use myself have lasted quite well.

The first pen I ever made was a Euro style 8mm that I'm pretty sure was a parker style refill... I'm still using it on the original refill.. from about 7 or 8 years ago. I don't use it as much now as I did while still working, but still carry it most of the time when I think I'll need a pen on me.

Tuba707

I've had about an equal mix of good and bad. I usually buy Schmidt for all of my pens though. I don't like to take the chance.

DurocShark

My wife came to me last night saying one of the pens I "gave" here (IE: She adopted) went dry. I scribbled on a piece of paper and it was fine after just a moment. I asked her to show me how and where she puts it.

With the pen tip exposed she dropped it into her purse!

That 'splains it.

I've noticed differences in the writing quality between the different brands, but not longevity.

tomcatchevy

I have found some of my cross inks refuse to write on certain types of paper and others have no problems. On a recent large order I got Liquid Silk upgraded inks from http://penrefillsnow.com They use the same ink as rollerballs and really have a nice feel when writing. I had a buddy use them in his pen and he said it works great.

Top Bottom