Cross-Parker Conversions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrigg

Are there any kits that were designed for Cross-style refills that can be modified to use the Parker style? Are there any tutorials on doing that?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The Parker refill is .230" diameter.

Approximately 6 mm. It will not fit inside the 7mm (OD) tube, and operate going up and down.

So, any modification will have to start with replacing the 7mm design with some other size. Now, why were we modifying, again????? Start with a "Parker design" kit!!

hrigg

"We" weren't modifying anything, but "we" like everything about the Euro kits except the fact that they use Cross refills. It has always seemed to me that Parker refills wrote better under less-than-ideal conditions than does Cross. The Cigar seems most like the Euro in style, but is enough bigger that it is awkward to carry in a shirt pocket. I prefer to turn a comfort-bump just above the nib, and therefore don't like to write with a Sierra or Atlas. I was looking for a reasonable alternative.

bjackman

Harry,
PSI has an 8mm Euro "style" kit that uses a parker refill.

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/pkmont-par.html

Never tried one as I find most euro styles a little top heavy for my taste, so I can't vouch for the kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom