Critiques?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skoobidobi

Hey Guys and Girls,

Critique these pens for me. The first one is a Afzilia Burl. The second is Red Boxelder Burl. Thanks, Skoob

Image Insert:
2004101022912_SpaltedAfzilia.jpg

13.35KB

Image Insert:
2004101022944_Red-Boxelder.jpg

10.82KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Wow! What's to critique? The fit looks perfect. The finish is a nice satiny glow. You used two of my favorite woods and made my favorite style pen. It's hard to get too specific with just a pic to go by, but they look like a 9 or 10 to me. [8D]

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Wow, I just hooked up my brand new 20" flatpanel monitor, this is the first pic I have looked at, those pens are so sharp and shiny they almost jumped off the page...really nice pens :)

JohnPayton

C_Ludwigsen

Scoob, they are great. The only downside is now Penhead has us all wanting 20" Flat Panel monitors [:D].

Great job. Are these the Jr Gents, or the Gents?

Tom McMillan

Those are beautiful!!! I haven't done that kit yet---but, seeing those---guess it's time to get serious about em---I really like the looks of that clip and the rest of the components look great too.

its_virgil

My two favorite woods and my JR. favorite kit. I really love the Gent and the JR. Gent, but Jr. is difficult for me to hold with my large hands, but it sells well so I make them regularly. I have not done red BEB. But it does look great. The black is really nice and and my favorite color of BEB. Your pens look excellent...fit and finish. Just send one of them to me and I will use it for a few months and report on the durability of the finish and get it back to you..maybe..;-)
Keep up the good work.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

M

Mudder

Hmmm,

I see serious flaws in each pen. [;)]
Being the nice guy that I am. I’ll give you my address so that you can send then to me and I will dispose of them properly. [}:)]

Okay, all joking aside, all I can see and it’s probably a photographic illusion, is that the bottom pen appears to have a little bit of rounding under the cap. I cannot see it on the underside therefore I would think it is illusion.
I would be proud to own or have created either one of those pens.
Great job!

Scottydont

Zionks, rooby-rooby-rooo! (My father was a cartoonist at Hanna Barbera that worked on Scobby Doo so I couldn't resist!) Those are beautiful! Great fit and finish.

Doesn't everyone have 20" monitors? (Gloat.)

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Umm, sorry about the comment on the flat panel, wasn't intended to distract from the subject of the thread, thought I was the last geek in town to have one..

I was, however, commenting on the great looking pens and (quite jealously) the photography :)

JohnPayton

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Umm, sorry about the comment on the flat panel, wasn't intended to distract from the subject of the thread, thought I was the last geek in town to have one..

I was, however, commenting on the great looking pens and (quite jealously) the photography :)

JohnPayton

Skoobidobi

Dear Board,

You guys and girls know how to make a man feel good.

Thanks for all the positive comments. The top kit was a Gentleman's Pen---the bottom one was a Jr. Gentleman.

As far as the photography, I followed the instructions on this site and when I started I decided to buy a Nikon Digital SLR.

I have been turning since May of this year, and every pen I turn brings the same sense of awe as the first one I did. I have learned so much from this forum.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Skoob

Chips n dust

Great looking pens. But not familiar with the kit that was used.
Trevor

A day without sawdust is like a day without sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom