Craft Supplies shipping

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

KC

Howdies...

I placed a small online order early last Sunday morning (Saturday night). Got the conformation Email either that day or Monday, shipping USPS Priority. It's Saturday, and not only do I not have the box yet, but the order status doesn't have a ship date or tracking number. Can't call, 'cause it's the weekend. I know they always say 5-7 business days, but all I can think of is the many times I ordered from BB and got stuff in a couple days... and even previous orders from CS were reasonable. Has this become common with them?

Thanks... KC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rixstix

KC,

I have had items take an excessive amount of time to arrive when shipped by CSU but in my case, EVERY TIME, it has been because UPS in Provo sent the items to Chicago, then Minneapolis then back to Spokane, WA via train turning a 3 day delivery into a 2 week delivery. Once it leaves their hands, its difficult to say and USPS tracking is not much better than no tracking. That being said, the order I placed last Saturday arrived on Thursday; but it did not have to cross the Rockies to get here.

LanceD

At this time of the year it's almost certain that packages could slower in arriving because of the tremendous amount of mail being sent. When I order from CSUSA I always call and if I need it quick I always ask if they could ship it within a day of placing my order. Nine times out of ten they ship it that day or the day after.

If they told you 5-7 business days and you ordered it on Sat night Monday would be the first business day and the following Tuesday would be the 7th business day. With the amount of orders they receive during the weekends your package may not have even shipped until Tuesday.

I don't think there status on their page is working. I called them the other day and my order was already shipped even thogh it shows N/A. Shipping is going to take longer this time of year.
Originally posted by KC
<br />Howdies...

I placed a small online order early last Sunday morning (Saturday night). Got the conformation Email either that day or Monday, shipping USPS Priority. It's Saturday, and not only do I not have the box yet, but the order status doesn't have a ship date or tracking number. Can't call, 'cause it's the weekend. I know they always say 5-7 business days, but all I can think of is the many times I ordered from BB and got stuff in a couple days... and even previous orders from CS were reasonable. Has this become common with them?

Thanks... KC

Rifleman1776

My experience has always been arrival 3 to 4 days after placing order. What I have trouble understanding is the urgency some folks place on getting these orders. Not that important IHMO. If I have to fill an order for pens and don't have the kits on hand, that's my fault. Then I'll order and ask for Priority Mail ro two day UPS and pay the extra.

Russianwolf

Priority mail is even taking longer right now. I had two packages sent on Monday. One from WoodPenPro, the other from Wolfdancer. both arrived today. The USPS tracking sytem still hasn't even acknowledge that they have left their respective locations.

So Expect delays in December.

toolcrazy

USPS priority is supposed to be 2 to 3 days guaranteed. And the 2 to 3 days doesn't include the day it was shipped. So, it should of been 4 days max from the day you ordered it, not including Sunday.

jtalbert

I agree when you pay a premium for shipping, and Priority Mail is, it should be there as advertised. 1st class mail is a different story, but your paying the Post Office for the extra time and effort it takes them to get it there.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by KC
<br />Howdies...

Thanks... KC
Kirk, I would wager it's got more to do with the postal service than Craft Supply!

Last Monday I placed an order for pen kits which weighed 25 pounds so they shipped the box via UPS rather than USPS and it arrived in Azle (near Ft. Worth) Friday.

Remember that any orders placed on their website over the weekend aren't processed until Monday so your order could easily have been placed about the same time as mine.

I think this time of the year the postal service with it's "9-5" set hours, is just bogged down and unlike the private carriers who will make deliveries until 9PM, they end up taking longer to deliver.

KC

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />My experience has always been arrival 3 to 4 days after placing order. What I have trouble understanding is the urgency some folks place on getting these orders. Not that important IHMO. If I have to fill an order for pens and don't have the kits on hand, that's my fault. Then I'll order and ask for Priority Mail ro two day UPS and pay the extra.
As mentioned, I did get the Priority Mail. No real urgency, just curious as to whether this has become the norm.

I'm not doing pens for money anymore (again), but since this stuff is for me I want it yesterday! [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom