Craft Show layouts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

emtjra

When setting up and selling at a craft show, how do you price your pens so people konw how much they cost without asking all the time?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Yes every pen has a tag with the price, material, style of pen it is, plating, and other info I need in describing the pen to them.
I am the type that will not buy something that does not have a price tag on it. adn if I have to ask and want it so badly that I actually will the wrong answer is "Oh i don't know what is it worth to you" because it most likely was just barely worth enough to ask.
I think it eally puts you customer on the wrong leaning to make the sale. friendly and likable is important to establish when selling a pen. adn if the customer has to ask the first question it just is a step in the wrong direction for allot of reasons.

PensofColor

For what it's worth, here's our take on this:

We bought some tiny labels at Office Max that are about 3/4" x 1/2", self-adhesive, about 1000 or 5000 in a pack. We write the price on those, then put that inside the lid of the box. Invariably, someone will pick up the box with their left hand, thumb covering up the price, then ask how much anyway. Maybe one day I will move those labels over to the middle of the lid!

You can also get hang tags at an office supply store. It's just a white tag, in various sizes, with a white string attached. You write the price on one side, and the type of wood or the type of refill used on the other. Then just slip the string under the clip of the pen.

You can also group like pens together if you charge the same price for each pen type. Like, all the Slims together and a sign saying $xx.

And remember, if someone asks, they are interested...take advantage of that dialog opening to sell, sell, sell!

Sheila

jrc

On my setup I have a sign saying All Pens $20.00 $18.86 + $1.14 tax = $20.00. Some displays I have marked what kind of wood others I don't. I let people pick out what they like and when they ask what kind of wood and I tell them. In the beginning I had everything marked but 90% of people still asked what kind of wood so I stoped taging everything. When I sell a pen I have an info slip that folds to 1 1/4 by 1 1/4" that I write what kind of wood. My best selling woods I have more info on the wood like lilac.

tipusnr

There's where I have a real problem - recognizing and remembering woods. I need to start keeping a journal of what was used on which pens. I write the names of the woods on the rough blanks as I buy them or get them identified by another turner but then - sometimes weeks later I look at the pen and some of the exotics just escape my memory.

Am I the only one with this problem? (Maybe this should be in another topic but the info sheet in jrc's plan made me think of it.

Well gotta go to work again!!

Daniel

Bill Tip,
I have a tag on my pens that has the wood and price as well as an inventory number on it. It helps me as muchas the customer. i don't keep prices memorized either. I can identify alot of my woods when I have just been spending time in the shop. but when the rest of life starts needing attention they start fading fast. so when I get time I can browse through my cases and reacoint myself with them. still there are manythat I can't tell the difference between. when the pen sells I keep the tag. this way I have soemthing to remind me to make anouther one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom