Couple of producrt questions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

Ok just got the latest PSI catalog two items caught my eye one that I have been looking for, for a while and the new sheet goods.
Micro Miter Chop saw # MTS4 on sale$89.95
Does any body have one?

Is there any other supplier that sell that style type mini chop saw?

I have the version that is shown above it in the catalog it is a little under powered for hard, dense wood and plastics.

Also the Acrylic Inlay Sheets WXASQ99 8 color pack $29.20 Do any of our site vendors sell the same type materiel?

And has anybody used it yet?
:clown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:cool::cool: Harbor Freight has a table top chop mini miter saw that works great. Comes with built in clamp to keep your fingers away from the blade and hold your blank firmly without drift. Watch for sale and use the 20% off one item coupon in one of there ads to get a great price around $40-60. I have cut everything including truestone with this little saw. They also have a table top mini chop saw for cutting square or round tubing up to 3/4". I paid less than $20 for this one. You can cut larger pieces if you rotate your blank or tube and line up the blade in the saw kerf. This also has a built in clamp to hold your work. It's so small, I use it on my lap, and keep it under my work bench. Has double safety switch like the miter saw. Jim S

Rangertrek

I have the HP chop saw. Changed out the blade for a wood cutting blade. Had to modify the arbor hole a little. Sometimes it is a little under power but you can work with it. Just go slowly. I think I paid less than $50 for it.

PTsideshow

I posted a thread in the Shops and tools forum on the saw I bought and blade. I have a 10" Porter Cable laser on a jobsite stand. PIA to set up in a small space. I also have a 35 year old 10"B&D miter saw, that the trigger needs replacing. My first edition HF 2"mini chop saw bogs down due to my heavy handed operation. Thanks for the responses
:clown:

TerryDowning

For the most precise segmenting, I use a nobex hand miter saw.

Like this one.
93683-03-500.jpg

Nobex Champion Miter Saw - Rockler Woodworking Tools

I bought mine at woodcraft 13 years ago. It really can't be beat for precision mitering.

I originally purchased for picture frames and other small projects requiring precision work. Works great for pen blanks too.

BradK12

For sure the Harbor Freight Mini Cut Off Saw with a wood blade - Item #42307. On sale right now for $25. Like others have said, it max's out at 3/4", however, with the thin blade and ease of use, rotating and completing the cut on the other side is simple. Daily user for me for the past 2 years with no issues what so ever.

Top Bottom