Correl draw graphics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mariner1

Just came up with a last minute idea for a gift for my father in law. I want to make a pen with Army E-6, staff seargent stripes engraved on it. There is a trophy shop in town, but he said he needs a correl file drawing to do it. As I have no time to get this done, does anyone know of a website where I can download the file. My internet searches have turned up nothing so far.

Thanks

Karl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Just came up with a last minute idea for a gift for my father in law. I want to make a pen with Army E-6, staff seargent stripes engraved on it. There is a trophy shop in town, but he said he needs a correl file drawing to do it. As I have no time to get this done, does anyone know of a website where I can download the file. My internet searches have turned up nothing so far.

Thanks

Karl

Send me a picture of what you want and I shall draw it for you. and email it back.

email me at info@lazerlinez.com

john__tucker

I think you are looking for Corel Draw. If you go to the website you can download a 30 day trial...But, if Lazerlinez will do it that's even better, I would take that road.

toddlajoie

I found lineart versions of a lot of military insignias on sights like this one:

http://www.349amw.afrc.af.mil/art/mediagallery.asp?page=2

Wikipedia (or Wikimedia in this case) also often has .SVG files which are vector based web pages that many vector programs can open (I can't speak to Corel, as I don't have it...) but I was able to open the SVG file in Adobe Illustrator and save it as an EPS file, which is a very standard vector (line-art - not pixel base, so it can be scaled up and down without loosing quality). I would be very surprised if Corel did not offer to open EPS files, so in the least this may save you a bit of time Constance...

The Wiki file was labeled and E-5, and I'm not sure what the difference is, but they look pretty identical to me (short of a color difference...)

I've posted both files here if you want/need them:

www.toddlajoie.com/publicfiles/IAP/

Geppetto

+1 for the EPS file

I found lineart versions of a lot of military insignias on sights like this one:

http://www.349amw.afrc.af.mil/art/mediagallery.asp?page=2

Wikipedia (or Wikimedia in this case) also often has .SVG files which are vector based web pages that many vector programs can open (I can't speak to Corel, as I don't have it...) but I was able to open the SVG file in Adobe Illustrator and save it as an EPS file, which is a very standard vector (line-art - not pixel base, so it can be scaled up and down without loosing quality). I would be very surprised if Corel did not offer to open EPS files, so in the least this may save you a bit of time Constance...

The Wiki file was labeled and E-5, and I'm not sure what the difference is, but they look pretty identical to me (short of a color difference...)

I've posted both files here if you want/need them:

www.toddlajoie.com/publicfiles/IAP/

A vector graphics file is what the engraver is looking for.

Rangertrek

A good engraver will have all of those drawings from a catalog or they can download easily. My engraver has 20+ books with graphic ready vector files. You may want to try another engraver.

Top Bottom