Corian sanding question/mabey group buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

howdy

a sanding question for corian. I used the micro mesh system on some of the pieces i have. Id this the best way to sand corian, or is there somehting made special for corian. If yes where to buy please.

Seems like it took me quite a while to get it sanded down.

thanks pete

I need to talk a little about mabey a group buy for corian, gonna
go over to group buy section. I guess that's where to start ?
give me about ten min to write it up then check if interested.
pete

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jwoodwright

I sand to 1000 and use MAAS Metal Polish. Been doing this for over 7 years. I feel sales were great. Too polished and hard to hold and Corian when highly buffed will show scratchs.

Here's some extra Corian I have, 1" square professional glue-ups... Some Alaskan Birch...

2005121515526_Corian%20trade%20005.jpg
<br />

This is a Cigar kit with the 1" glue-up...

1215155455_Brown%20Speckled%20Corian%20Cigar%20005.jpg
<br />

pete00

john
thanks for the info. as i was sanding and buffing i thought i was scratching it, souldnt get rid of the scratches.

did a quick search on line, found some on amazon 1.1 pound for 22.95 that price ok ?

btw visited your neck of the woods last summer.great place..

JimGo

Pete, I finish my Corian by wet sanding with the MicroMesh for synthetic materials. They are small pads in different colors, rather than the shades of grey used on the normal MicroMesh. I follow this with some plastic polish, and the finish comes out looking great!

Scott

Hi Pete,

Barry Gross is the expert with Corian. He sells these little foam backed pads, as described above. Here's his web address:

http://www.bgartforms.com/

Scott.

airrat

Pete Arizona Silhouette sells a kit of pads I use for sanding corian.

I generally sand it to 320 then go to the pads and wet sand using each kit. He sends you a little instruction that tells you each color and where to stop for the type of finish you are working on. I then buff it with white diamond.

Im no expert but I do like working with the corian.

jwoodwright

Pete, too spendy for that. Send an email to elody21, that's Alice. Great Gal. Ask if she can make up one of her "specials"... She sends like 40 lbs in a Flat rate box for $10. plus $7.70 shipping (CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands).

Don't buy it off eBay, way overpriced. Look for trades, look for counter top installers. A free slimline in Corian gets more Corian than you can haul at one trip. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom