corian diagonal blank test

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

Howdy

no idea why i did this but, wanted to make up a diag blank. I grap the first few pieces i came to, and glued them up. Actually wanted to see how things would work out if i did not sand, glue, or line up properly.Theres only on spot i found that had a gap, filled with CA. Right in the middle near the red. As i turned the blank I hit it with ca. Was expecting a disaster and a blow up, but to my supprise heres the results.

Never said the color pattern was good :).
BTW i finally have some pricing on the corian, will be updating the group post tomorrow.

pete

2006115183545_diag%2001.jpg

200611518362_diag%2002.jpg

2006115183620_diag%2003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by pete00<br />Howdy

no idea why i did this but, wanted to make up a diag blank. I grap the first few pieces i came to, and glued them up. Actually wanted to see how things would work out if i did not sand, glue, or line up properly.Theres only on spot i found that had a gap, filled with CA. Right in the middle near the red. As i turned the blank I hit it with ca. Was expecting a disaster and a blow up, but to my supprise heres the results.

Never said the color pattern was good [:)].
BTW i finally have some pricing on the corian, will be updating the group post tomorrow.

pete

Pretty good looking. I actually think the colors are nice.

You said you filled a gap with CA. Did you do the initial glue-up with CA as well?

pete00

glass

Yes initial glue up was with CA medium, as i turned, if i found a void used
ca thin to play safe.

You like the colors !! what till i tell my wife she said something about a
bad dream....[:D]

dpstudios

Pete, As they say, "There's no accounting for taste." [:p] I did a stopper this week that I consider the ugliest ever made & everyone else just loves it. Go figure.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom