Corian availability in Sydney (Australia)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justin_F

Hey guys (probably one for the Aussies!)
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Corian?
I am in the States in June so I guess if I can't get some before then I'd love to know where I might be able to source some over there.
Any help gratefully accepted!
Jus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

give us your itinerary and I'll just bet that someone could find you some. I just threw away enough scraps to make 50 or more pen blanks. The pieces have been in the back of my truck for at least 6 months. I just don't make corian pens anymore. I get it from a local counter top guy. What sizes do you need? I would be willing to retrieve it and send it to you in a flat rate box if you want pen blank sizes.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Just a thought. You can go to a home depot or lowes and order sample tiles. 4x4 or 12 x12. I was told to do this to get collors that are not plentyful

PenPal

Justin, From 300 km from you where I live Corian spills out from kitchen people all around Australia in the form as stated cut outs for sinks etc. Be aware of this Corian weighs heavy. If you look on individual sales IAP Corian pops up often cheap as chips for mine with a variety of colours you will not see here in Australia. The nearest franchise dealer who constantly visits the States told me face to face you cant make pens from Corian they all split, well I obtained some Corian made forty or so pens went to his factory, he was away visitng HO in America and showed his wife. Said she his work partner as well( I might add) I want to buy all of them. Now I was still smarting from Mr Smart Alec the husband replied not for sale but tell your husband smoke comes from his ears and you have seen so many pens made from the (impossible Corian).

OK small victory but they the Corian folk vary from this response to really special people you have to approach them personally with cap and pen in hand. One of my most favourite sayings is THE POWER OF A PEN.

I suspect Company policy is to create a mystique to surround the enormous cost of Corian and make us as remote from their waste as they can. Cut through the smoke and mirrors with the same pride in your product. As a photographer for so many moons when presenting Wedding pics to the Bride and Groom both my wife and I insisted in reverently only handling pics with new white gloves to raise the profile of these pictures. The changes in attitude was incredible. On the other hand when I gift pens face to face I take them from my top pocket inferring they are to use.

I have made pens presented them in boxes etc and up they go on the shelf with the unused family Bible or in cases the family lock up safe treasured but in the wrong place.

So Jus I have not now made contact with Corian for a time now but I point you in this direction Check out showrooms for kitchen manufacturers in person, builders exhibition centres, visit in person Pen in pocket for that Golden contact remember the Sprat catches the Mackeral, be scrupulously honest, sincere and shortly you will find the product in abundance.

Have success I have.

Peter.

Justin_F

Wow! Thank you so much to everyone that has taken the time to post a reply here - you remind me that help is only as far away as the forum :)
nava1uni - I'm coming over for a bit of USA summer vacation fun at about 15 June to mid July. Ill be in San Diego, LA, South Dakota and Wyoming. Would love to catch up with any members en route!
its_virgil - You are a legend! I just need a little bit to try! You are kind!
Andrewsignore - thanks for the tip!
corian king - thanks Jim ill get in touch with Jazncarr
Frank Nemke sr. - thanks Frank - I have never been to home depot but like the idea of ordering samples so I can get some rare colors.
pwhay - Peter thanks for your thoughtful response! I think we can all take something from what you say. Ive had a lot of recipients of my pens treasure them away and not want to use them!
Thanks again
Juz

Top Bottom