Coral Snake Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mather323

I saw a coral snake pen just the other day and it unbelieveable----wow! Has any one hear of someone selling these snake blanks. I cant even find the pic any more but I will keep looking. Thanks Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mather323

I found it at www.ciwriting.com

200712206425_SierraGoldCoralSnake.jpg

its_virgil

No hides available as far as I know. No blanks available as far as I know. I even think the pens are sold out from this one skin. The coral skin pen was made by Bob Keyes. He luckily found a coral skin at a taxidermy shop and was able to purchase it. It is one of the most beautiful snake skin pens I've seen. Here is a link to his website.
http://www.ciwriting.com/Snakeskin Pens.htm

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by RONB

I would like to find out who sells the hides.
Very nice pen.

Woodlvr

I emailed him about it awhile back and the only skins that he knew of were in a friends freezer and not available for sale. I have wanted a Coral snake skin since seeing that pen also. Beautiful pen and the colors of that skin are gorgeous.

Mike

follow3

I know where to get coral snakes.

IF.. you are willing to kill them and skin them!!!

I will go check prices and get back.

There is another snake that looks very much like the Coral snake, but not poisonous. It is the Scarlet King snake. Same colors, but they are red, black, yellow. Instead of red, yellow, black.

If you get a whole snake, dead or alive, keep in mind that the Coral snake is the most poisonous snake in North America!!!

alxe24

The link that you sent also shows some Ivory pens. Do you think is real Ivory? or is it alternative?

Originally posted by its_virgil

No hides available as far as I know. No blanks available as far as I know. I even think the pens are sold out from this one skin. The coral skin pen was made by Bob Keyes. He luckily found a coral skin at a taxidermy shop and was able to purchase it. It is one of the most beautiful snake skin pens I've seen. Here is a link to his website.
http://www.ciwriting.com/Snakeskin Pens.htm

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by RONB

I would like to find out who sells the hides.
Very nice pen.

jskeen

you can legally buy both hippo and warthog ivory, sometimes very cheaply off ebay. To my knowledge, only Elephant, Whale and Narwhale are prohibited by the sites treaty. Just going from memory on that though, probably forgot a couple of critters.

James

workinforwood

I had checked my local snakes recently. I don't mind killing and skinning and tanning them. If I remember right, we have corn and milk snakes, but they are rare in this area and hard to find. I do see garter snakes, stripe snakes <which look alot like garter snakes>, and non-poinsonous water snakes, all the time. I'm planning on making a snake round-up in the summer along with some of my leopard frogs which are bountiful in the creek out in the back yard. I have one big ball python in the freezer waiting for me to skin and tan and send to bruce. I have the word out at all my customers that sell snakes to store whatever dies in the freezer for me. That includes lizards too.

scroller99

I tried to make some blanks out of dyed python and the blank just looked black you couldn't see any scales or details at all for all the work I could have painted the tube black, maybe if it was a better dye job? I had bought the skins on ebay, good luck Howard

Top Bottom