Copper kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hayseedboy

All,

What has been the success of copper platings for you all? Does it hold up well? Popular?

Thanks!
Larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

The only copper pen I've ever made has lasted for close to a year and it looks FABULOUS because of one reason and one reason only: it never gets used. I made it just to sit as a display model.

Copper is, IMO, the prettiest plating, but I don't sell it unless I have a customer simply request it, and it comes with a strict durability warning.

sierra_boxelder.jpg

Funny you should mention it, I just this morning noticed a baron with bright copper plating showing some pits/chips in the finish[V] It's about a year old with some repeated use:(

bruce119

The few copper pens I've done about 1 year ago was the PSI polaris. They have ALL corroded really bad and will not do any more copper. Just a bad experience for me. maybe it has to do with living 3 miles from the sea.

Bruce

Dave_M

I've done a few copper pens, but I keep them in my display strictly as eye candy. If I had someone who really wanted one even after my cautions, I would consider selling one.

reddwil

I've made a couple different style pens in copper. To be honest, I'm like redfish, I only sell them to people who ask for copper, and I give them a strict warning before hand. I do use alot of copper tips for the shell pens but they come with the same warning.

Paul Downes

Ditto on the flaky finish. I have wondered about Penn States lifetime warrenty. How does one get a pen warrenty/replacement? Not that I'm interested, I don't want to hassel with trying to explain to a customer why the finish failed. Or try to repair/replace a pen once it leaves the shop.

I sure wish the copper finish was durable. I could sell a lot of copper pens in Michigan's copper country. I have thought about attempting to make solid copper pen hardware. I could even give them the green patina............Maybe later...

Top Bottom