Cool sale good story

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtparso

I went to diner tonight at the only nice Italian restaurant in town and since my favorite waitress (she has been waiting on me since 1992 when she was 16) is moving and having a baby I thought I would give her a pen. So while I am waiting for LOML to show up and having a before dinner cigar (Montecristo Platinum) and adult beverage I take out my bag of pens and sell enough to pay for the dinner, cigar and drink. AND I got a hug from a pretty girl (in front of my wife). I guess that dates me if I think of a 29 year old as a girl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

53Jim

You lucky dog. I wish I could sell enough in one night to buy a very nice dinner, let alone get a hug from a young women, in front of the missus, without sleeping on the couch for a month.

Congrats on both counts

Jim

butcherofwood

Excellent, this is how I pay for this habit! Many sales come just by using my pen and someone takes notice and starts asking questions. Actually do pretty well this way, word of mouth has kept me busy for about six months and constantly busy turning more.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Great sale... as for hugs from pretty young girls... when you look like I do your lucky your wife and daughter hug you [:p][;)][:p] and I think that is only because they are expected too [V][V]

My daughter has made more sales for me restaurants than I ever could.. she sits there drawing on the placemat with one of the pens I gave her.. of course the server makes a remark about her artwork and she goes into her speach about how her Daddy made the pen she is using, etal... This weekend at the market she and the wife came over and she proceeded to tell a prospective customer she was the Marketing Director of My Favorite Pen and came up with the company name... [:D][:D] and she is and did and has her own set of business cards to prove it..

melogic

Way to go Ron!
Thanks Griz for the little tid bit of information. My 14 year old daughter just informed me she would like a set of business cards with her as Marketing Manager. So I did![:D]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Isn't it great when your children really appreciate what you do and want to be part of the process
While waiting for the school bus to take her to kindergarten this morning, she proceeded to look through some boxes of blanks and picked out 3 and told me "Daddy, this is the wood for your next pens... " and then told me what platings to use on each... She is a trip.. let me tell you.. 6 going on 16... Just what this old man needs... [:p][;)]

rtparso

Hope you enjoyed that cigar even more since it was essentially Free.
Never had a bad Montecristo!!!!!
As for LOML she loves me and knows if it was more then a friendly kiss I would have said no. Since she knows that I can do anything I would and go anywhere I want and she doesn't complain that is worth a lot more to me then a little shall we say excitement. There are 3 people involved in my marriage. One I answer to constantly one I answer to when I get home and one that I will answer to some day when I die. Sorry to preach just wanted to make sure my post was not misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom