Converting a Euro to a pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodtreker

Hey... The kits cost too much but I used the Euro Pencil kit from Woodcraft... I have look at the inside for the Slimline but the issue is with the center band... I am still thinking on that one... It may work since it is about the same size as the tendon on the Euro... I will get back to you since I have both kits...

ragz

I've used those kits before. It's just I have some extra nibs, converters and transmissions laying about so thought I'd look into it.

ragz

I used that kit but from doing so many euro/rifle cartridge pens I have extra tubes, nibs etc laying about with some extra Schmidt-Fineman pencil convertors from doing Sierra conversions. Was trying to use some excess parts up without paying $13 for a pencil kit.

The kit CSUSA sells uses a Schmidt-Fineman and has seperated Transmission. Good kit just being cheap at the moment :p

Russianwolf

I've used those kits before. It's just I have some extra nibs, converters and transmissions laying about so thought I'd look into it.

are these standard 7mm Euro parts? if so, I don't think it'll work. The schmidt pencil needs to have a tranny that screws on (like the sierra or cigar). The double twist Euro uses the parker refill, so it's likely possible on it, like on the sierra.

Most of the Euro pencils out there are 8mm pencils that use a mech that is twisted further and further clockwise to extend the lead, not like the cigar or sierra.

ragz

Guys, I know where to get the kits that are premade...That's not the issue. I'm trying to use some spare parts from other mods.

Russianwolf - Some are some aren't. The Schmidt refill actually fits inside a 7mm tube. I might have it worked out

Russianwolf

Ragz the problem isn't in the tube itself, but the transmission. the 7mm transmissions press into the tube, but you need to be able to access the mechanism to refill it or what not.

ragz

Right.

I think I might have it worked out. Going to try a couple things to see if they work. If they do, I'll post what I found out/made

Top Bottom