Converting a Cigar pen to a Cigar pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

I converted an Atlas pen into a pencil according to the directions that Old Griz has provided on BB's website. Got me wondering if it'll work for an Atlas, why not a Cigar pen?
Tried it and it works. Which brings me to my question. What's the advantages of buying the more expensive Cigar pencil kit over just converting the pen? The only one I can see is that you have an eraser cap included with the pencil kit. Which brings up yet another question. Are the eraser caps available to replace the original one, or just the erasers themselves?

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I posted this last fall as I wondered the same thing.
At the time I think there was mixed results with those that tried it.
I didn't alter the schmidt mechanism an IIRC c rrectly to make it work you had to hit a "ssweet" spot to get the lea to stay extended.
I believe Tom said it worked part of the time for him but the cutting of the part of the Mech that makes it work in a Polaris may be the answer.
The down side is therre is no erasure.
I kind of like having that option in a pencil.
I think the "B" compant would rather sell the components for a pencil but if it works for you go for it!
Did I ever say this forum has a great search function?
Look what I found!
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1355&SearchTerms=cigar,pencil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom