Converting a ballpoint to pencil?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hallo all...
Can someone point me to some tutorial or some steps about what to do to fit a Schmidt pencil mech into a ballpoint pen kit? Someone said it can be done.
I've been looking unsuccessfully in the Library. There's so much stuff and my searches have not yield any results.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

The easiest way is to purchase PERFECT FIT pen from Berea since it can be used as a ball point pen or else use the Scmidt mechasism that "converts" it to a pencil. I love this style of pen.:)

The easiest way is to purchase PERFECT FIT pen from Berea since it can be used as a ball point pen or else use the Scmidt mechasism that "converts" it to a pencil. I love this style of pen.:)

Thank you. Yes, I saw that kit, but by seeing their video, looks like the Timberbits mechanism can fit in a wider variety of pens. :good:

chrisk

I wrote a review on Timberbits pencil mechanisms here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f96/timberbits-parker-style-lead-mechanism-109267/

If you want to replace a Parker refill with a Schmidt pencil mechanism there are three alternatives as far as I know.
You'lll find the first one by following the link posted on post #4 above.
The second has been explained here by colleague el_d. He replaces a Schmidt DSM 2006 mechanism in a Clicker pen. He did specify that one has to trim, with an X-acto knife, the small ridge at the end of the pencil mechanism. Personnally my efforts to achieve this were unsuccefull.
And finally comes the third option that I'm most satisfied with: to adapt without any modification a Schmidt DSM 2007 mechanism on a Clicker pen. Exactly the same mechanism as the DSM 2006 with two differences: DSM 2007 has a metal body and is lacking the ridge at the top. To adapt it on a Clicker pen, you must use the spring though.
To me it's the most efficient pencil I made until now. It matches perfectly our customers habits which generally use click pencil mechanisms (Pentel, Rotring...).
You can find them here: Ball Point/Pencil Refill - SCHMIDT DSM 2007 [40364] : Richard L. Greenwald, LLC, Pens, Pens Parts and Photographs

Last edited:
Top Bottom