Convert a Sierra Laser Blank to an Executive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

I had a Laser cut cross inlay blank for a Sierra/Wall St. II and was going to use it for a present for our Pastor. However, when I went to make it I did not have any Sierra component sets. His Birthday was coming up in two days, what to do? I had a nice looking chrome Executive but the hole size in the blank was way too big. Here is what I did to convert it.

Using a pipe cuter that I purposely dulled the blade on I creased a Sierra tube so that it was a press fit over the Executive tube and CA them together. The creases keep the two tubes concentric.
IMG_5949.jpg

I then added short pieces of BOW to each end of the tube assembly with Executive size tube holes. What you see here is me trying to decide which way I preferred the striations in the BOW to run, I settled on circular.
IMG_5950.jpg IMG_5953.jpg

This was the result. A notable, the wood around the sierra portion of the barrel is only about 0.010" thick by measurement but it is reinforced with two coats of thin CA and 10 Coats of medium with NO sanding between coats.
IMG_5959_8_60_Detail.jpg IMG_5962_1_3_Detail.jpg

C&C Appreciated.

Last edited:

reddwil

Thats good to know. Thanks for sharing. I have a rose inlay I got to make for my wife but she does not like the sierra pens. She does how ever like the executive's.

Top Bottom