Continually amazed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Each time I turn snake skin pens I'm amazed at how much the pattern of the skin is maginified due to the curved surface of the resin. I turned a few this week and took a couple of pictures last evening. One picture shows the unturned blank and the other after turning and polishing. They were taken from the same distance...I'm not using trick photography. Those of you who have turned a snake skin pen know of what I speak.I've shown this before but I think it is worth showing again...we have several new members and penturners.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

2007427174929_snake%20comparison.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cozee

In the picture I can some what see what you are talking about but it really is hard to grasp unless one can actually see the blank. Perhaps it my be better if you could send me a blank or two so I can experience it for myself!!!![:D][}:)]

exoticwo

Pipes,
Don't konw your defination of "decent price" but the ones I get from www.glimmerznmore.com are around $16.00 per set. Very nice pieces, round blanks that cut a lot easier than other I've tried. They also will custom color for various size blanks. This is not a promotion for Glimmerz!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Careful with the heated snake jokes, Ed!!![}:)][}:)][;)]

Pipes,

The price is worth it when you sell them. Obviously premium materials, whether wood, acrylic or whatever will command better prices than common materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom