contest idea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
I don't know if it has been done before, but i thought of what could be a fun contest.

A "Name that wood" contest. Where contestants pay for an entry, and have to guess what each type of wood is from a list of pctures. The closest to correct would be the winner and so on. Just a thought.

dale

We do something like that at our carving club. I'm the only pen turner. Each month I take a slimline with an interesting woo and who ever guesses gets the pen. They take turns and after round 1 I give a clue. And go till it is won. What amazes me is how many times you hear OAK or WALNUT after they have guessed it in the round before. What I like is taking a spalted wood. I know its mean. But fun
Dale

RAdams

Banned
spalting would be easy it seems. I used to have a buddy that gave me wood, but he would make me try to figure out what it was before he would give it to me. Just seemed kinda fitting, and fun to boot!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ron,

We did a similar contest during the Birthday Bash last year. If everything works out right, we might have a contest this year that will have heads being scratched internationally! :)

Top Bottom