Confused Again!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

Does the Navigator use the same bushings as the Sedona and Baron?

I was looking at some past posts. The Jr.Gent looks very similar to the Navigator except no tapering?? Might like to try that kit. Is it popular like the Jr.GentII?

THANK YOU ROY!

jskeen

And just to add to the confusion, there are a couple of people again selling the original Jr. Gent 1, which IS identical to the Baron/Sedona/Navigator. The Jr Gent 2 as currently sold by CSUSA, And Exotics, is NOT the same.

(added) and for those who might like to know, there are a couple of other differences between the Baron/Navigator/Sedona/Jr Gent 1 and the Jr Gent 2. The Baron is overall slightly smaller than the Jr Gent 2. The top cap end on the Baron has a much sharper angle than the Gent, leading up to a smaller removable finial. The Finial on a baron sits flat on the top of the top cap, where the Jr. Gent2 Finial is countersunk into a slight cup. The Baron comes with the 3 piece centerband unassembled, where as the Jr Gent 2 Centerband assy is pressed together as shipped, and is a bit of a pain to get apart to replace the decorative band.

And the obvious, for the fountain pen kits, the Jr Gent section has a couple of engraved bands near the end, where the Baron section is plain round all the way up to the end. For Rollerball kits, the baron kits have a beveled six sided section, where the Jr Gent is Round. There are also a couple of different tips for the Jr Gent Rollerballs, but all the Barons I've seen were identical.

It's been a long time since I did a Jr. Gent 1, so I may have missed some minor differences between that and the baron, feel free to refresh my memory.

James

Last edited:

its_virgil

Navigator, Tycoon, Baron, Sedona all use the same tubes and bushings.
The jr gent vII looks close but the barrels have a larger diameter and the pen barrel is tapered. I like the jr gent vII much better than the baron...mostly because it is a little larger.
Now, show us some more of your incredible pens.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Toni

Thank you Don that clears things up!! Don all I have to show is a new Jr.Gent II that I am NOT happy with the pattern, not floral or Kali..but a basket weave sorta..eek!

James thank you for that insightful response.. May have to read it a few times to follow you!!

its_virgil

You're welcome and OK. We can wait until you have something that is not eekish.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Thank you Don that clears things up!! Don all I have to show is a new Jr.Gent II that I am NOT happy with the pattern, not floral or Kali..but a basket weave sorta..eek!

Toni

Seriously you confused me!!:cowboy: May need to read it a few times to follow you.. Hey this pen stuff is new to me still!! Only been on the board since umm..oh you can look at my profile..just a few months. so much learned and such a short period of time Hard on this old brain:eek:

Tanner

I just got back after a personal year long hiatus and I have to tell you Toni your polymer clay pens are unbelievably beautiful. I purchased a couple from Ed and wow, in person they are truly amazing. I made one for my Grandmothers 80th birthday. She'll freak when she sees it. I have to take pictures before I send it off.

Toni

Tim~Thank you so much for the complement!! Please do take a photo before you give it your grandmother, what a lovely gift that will be!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Simple question

Tim~Thank you so much for the complement!! Please do take a photo before you give it your grandmother, what a lovely gift that will be!!

You asked a simple question ---- do you get the idea that if you asked these guys what time it is, they'd tell you how to build Big Ben ---- :laugh:

Daniel

Toni, don't feel to bad. I had all the kits figured out at one time. Then get a little distracted and what happens. everyone starts making all these new kits. I still have not made a Navigator, Tycoon, Baron or Sedona. I follow the rule of thumb that if the kit comes from CSUSA or P.S.I. the bushings stand a good chance of being the same. This was before CSUSA started doing all the exclusive kits. If they come from Berea there is a chance you need the bushings from Berea. Keeping up with all the resellers of those kits is getting difficult to do. I Finally made it simple and just order a set of bushing if I order anything from a different supplier.

JerrySambrook

Diference between Tycoon and the rest

The tycoon uses the same tubes as the baron, but the clip end of the cap tube is much larger than the baron and sedona.
If you are making the blanks straight sided to the baron, they will not work correctly with the tycoons

Hope I got this to you in time

Top Bottom