Confused

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

I have some Jr. Statesman pen kits and I downloaded instruction for the Jr. Statesman II and the Jr. Gent II and it shows a 1/2" and 27/64 drill bits but on the order page it shows a 12.5mm and 27/64 drill and states that the Jr. Statesman and the Jr. Statesman II are different. Can someone please tell me what bits to use for the Jr. Statesman?

Thanks....Archie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I find both recommended bits to be oversized. Rather than take the word of the person who wrote and then translated the instructions, I mic the tubes. Consequently, I use 31/64 for the upper blank and 13/32 for the lower. These still give me room to use Gorilla Glue (which I prefer to gluing in tubes). There are other threads which also recommend the 13/32 although I don't know if others use the 31/64. BTW, try it in a piece of scrap. Drill bits aren't perfect either. [8D]

EdwinSSIV

I saw the same thing on the Jr. Gent I just made...the instructions show 1/2 and they sent me the 12.5mm...I went ahead with it and it worked fine. I don't know if will be the same for the Jr. Satesman.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Both the Jr Gent V2 and the Jr Stateman V2 use identical tubes. (BTW, 12.5mm is actually closer than 1/2" - not much, but better!)[8D]

hombre4

Thanks. I used a dial caliper and came up with the dia. and found a "W" for the upper and a 29/64 for the lower. Then I noticed I had measured the tubes for a Baron. Then going back and checking found they were the same size. Now, no bushings, so I checked the Baron bushings and found they will work. Upper barrel is OK and lower barrel is something like 0.020 bigger. So I guess I will try one and see how it turns out. I only have five of these kits so just as well use them and be done with them.

Thanks.....Archie

I called them on this and they said when the instructions were written they could not find a 12.5mm drill bit. 1/2 works, now they have the 12.5mm bit they use this and it works fine. There is only .008 difference between the 1/2 and the 12.5, just use a bit more glue if you drille the 1/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom