Confetti Lamp Turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeatact

Turning pens is great but was tring to find out more about turning confetti lamps. Does anyone know where one can buy material to make them and where one could find some more information on turning one.

Thanks

Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

What is a confetti lamp? Each year, the boys that we fostered had plenty of confetti at halloween. Most of it ended up in our neighbors trees and yards!

Fred in NC

CSU carries some:

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=990-0400

I have seen glass inserts at WallyWorld, but not sure about the details.

johnson

There is an article in one of the back issues of American Woodturner that covers this quite well. Basicly all I do is glue a blank to a waste block, turn the top, drill out an appropriate size hole, part it off the waste block, make a jamb chuck, reverse the blank and finish off the bottom. Lamplight Farms sold them for 99 cent each, but their web site has been down for "reconstruction" for a while. There is another web site called Woodworking Friends that I linked to from woodturningonline that has a lot on information on them. You can also get information from www.woodturningonline.com. Just click on their turning projects. Didn't mean to ramble. Lack of sleep and good sinus pills.
Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom