computer board pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I bought several computer board pen kits and ruined some blanks. My question is what is this pen at arzona silotts or craft supplies. I want to buy some kits since I am set up with the bushings.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

How badly did you "blow it up" .... ?
If you save some of the savings/dust you might be able to CA the mixture back to the blank enough to get going again.
DAMHIKT :redface:

thewishman

I've fixed a couple with craters by filling in the pits with CA. Can't tell where the pits were.

Berea Hardwoods has them made and sells them, as do their resellers: Woodcraft, Arizona Silhouette, Beartooth Woods...

Bruce119 also sells them with prices as good as any other - and he is a member here. (and gives excellent service).

KenV

Sierra Vista is the kit -- sold by Berea, Az Sil and Beartooth Woods

Just a bit bigger than the standard Sierra to allow more tolerance --

Many of the PR blanks can be recast with more clear PR so recovery is possible.

One end totally blew up just cracked out on touching it with a guage and the other turned oval, my fault. So both arenot good, I am trying to recast them now.

bruce119

One end totally blew up just cracked out on touching it with a guage and the other turned oval, my fault. So both arenot good, I am trying to recast them now.

Blow out all the dust with air and cast in PR and you should be fine. I would use pressure to help get into ant cracks you mite have maybe even if have any hairline fractures. I mite even just break them away if there is a hairline fracture the resin mite not find it's way in it mite show. I think it mite be better to break off any fractures there are and use PR don't know about Aluminite working with PR. I believe the blanks are PR to begin with.

Good Luck

Top Bottom