Compson Gold T/N Click Pen - Assembly Trouble

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HamTurns

:confused: Hello All - I'm having some trouble getting Compson click pens together and hope someone has an idea of what I'm doing wrong.

I haven't used a Compson kit before, but they're really simple. My Compson kits don't work after assembly. They seem to push the refill out to far, then won't "click back".

When I tried to put together my first pen I was not able to "click" the pen at all, and the refill was sticking out of the nib way too far.

I thought I'd shortened the tube too much when squaring up the ends so I dissasembled it and tried to put it together without the tube and had the same trouble. I found that the tube length isn't as critical on this pen as I'd thought.

I thought that I had a bad transmission so I took another one from another kit I had and found the exact same thing = the guts don't assemble and work. After the first "click" the refill is overextended and won't click back.

I took some sage advise from this site and lubricated the transmission, but had the same results.

All help with this is appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

HamTurns

I called PSI about this problem and got to talk with Tony the pen tech. He said if he runs into trouble with a kit he assembles it (as much as you can) without the blank to make sure it works as expected.

On this kit you can assemble it and verify that it operates before complete assembly. Well, that's what I did last night and found that something is wrong. So Tony said that he'll exchange the ones that don't work and send me kits that he'll pre-test.

They don't kit this pen kit and Tony thought that a wrong part might have been put into the kit.

I bought the Compson starter 5 pack kit, so you may not see this for individual pen kits purchased. It may be only a starter kit issue.

Tom

Top Bottom