compatible bushings headache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy Simmons

So, I recently purchased the jr. victor pen kit from timberbits (a great aussie company, by the way) along with the bushings for the kit. I am moving into making some higher-end kits, and I am not sure what bushings are compatible with what. I remember that the jr. victor is compatible with either the jr gent or the jr gent II, but I can't remember which one. I also know that one version of the statesman is compatible with one version of the gent. Can someone make my head stop hurting?

Thanks
Randy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

That is a very good question Randy and I am interested in this also. Is there a chart that lists the different names for the same pen styles? (i.e. sierra, mesa, gatsby, aurora, etc. are all the same style with minor cosmetic differences)

Last edited:

The Penguin

looks very similar to CSUSA's Jr. Retro

All the CSUSA Artisan Jr's (Jr. Gent II, Jr Statesman II, Jr. Retro and the Venus) use the same bushings

the CSUSA Apprentice Jr. Gent uses different bushings.

Last edited:

longbeard

I wil second what The Penguin stated.
You can go to the library and under general reference, scroll down to the pen kit bushing and tubes.

Yep, what he said, i'm alittle slow on the keyboard today.

Randy Simmons

THANK. YOU. The brainhurt is no more

One quick question: I did not see any numbers relating to the jr. statesman (not the jr. statesman II), which is the one I am looking at buying. Are they compatible as well?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
My opinion is to buy a set of bushes with each new batch of kits you buy.
They don't last for ever and are just 'consumables'. If you find they are the same as some you already have, then cool, you have a spare pair for when they wear down. :wink:

Top Bottom