Comort Ballpoint Pen vs. Berea Elegant Ballpoint

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

challagan

I like the look of the slimlines with the thicker center. I have a 2 PSI and 2 Berea Mandrells and don't want to buy another company mandrell right now. So what do you guys think of the quality of either of these kits? I like the comfort kit for it's thicker center, not the foam part so I would use all wood. It comes in Tit and Platinum finishes. The Elegant kit from Berea looks even nicer. Is it a good kit? I have that particular drill bit as well and what I like about it too is that I have grown to prefer the Parker refill over the Cross refill. So what do you guys think about these kits?

Thanks,
Corey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

The Elegant American is a nice pen, with one significant caveat. The centerband has two very sharp edges on it. The black part is actually recessed a fair amount and those two edges are very sharp. It can be fixed, however with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails clear nail polish or some color too, but it takes a bit of time. Berea should have fixed this defect a long time ago.

Also, if one of your Berea mandrels is a "B" mandrel, you don't need to buy any others for any kits currently available.

challagan

Thanks Gerry. I have 2 Berea mandrell set ups with in 2MT with a A and B rod for each taper. So on the fix for the sharp edges you apply the coats of nail polish to the center band before assembley right. The idea is to build up a thin coat to dull the edge?
Thanks for the info, how long has this problem exsisted.

Corey

Tea Clipper

I too like the parker style because it gives you more refill options; like more colors and the ability to use a gel refill. If you're not going to use the foam from the cushion grip, have you thought about the berea button click pen?

gerryr

Corey,
This was discussed not too long ago. Here's the link
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14315&SearchTerms=elegant,american

I don't know if Fangar came up with anything or not.

Tea Clipper

I've made a 1/2 dozen or so w/o any problems, and have also heard positive remarks now that they are 'improved'. I think they make for nice looking pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom