Commission pen, suggestions needed, please!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

OK, I have a client who would like a pen for a gift w/the following list of "wants" (seriously):

1. Fountain Pen
2. Yellow
3. Cat/cats
4. Steam Punk

Price is said not to be an object, but I'm sure there is a limit.

That is a whole lot going on. I hate to shut him down, but that sounds like a disaster in the making to me.

Any suggestions/thoughts most welcome.

Regards,
Michael

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

Good thinking, guys! I was kind of thinking a Jr. Morgan sort of has an "industrial" look to it that might work. I have an inquiry out to Fred Wissan to see if he has CNC code for a cat or cats. Any other thoughts to whom I might make inquiry?

Regards,
Michael

magpens

Gary, you might be thinking of the Kitten inlay from Kallenshaan, available at ExoticBlanks also.

mikeschn

Remember the saying when they were building rockets???

Cheap, fast or good... pick 2...

Looking at your list of 4

fountain
yellow
cats
steam punk

I say, pick 3

Have fun!

Mike...

Charlie_W

How about a Yellow Cat? Remember Morris the Cat?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 205

BKind2Anmls

PSI has a steam punk kit. I suggest a cat eyes decal on yellow heart or yellow acrylic. As a cat lover myself, I would prefer the eyes over the cartoon kitten they have in the laser kit. The mysterious cat eyes would also go well with the steam punk theme.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Not sure what kind of steampunk you are after but you can do a watch part pen. Ebay has many cat or kitten watches for sale. You can do the lower barrel with a decal and some yellowheart wood. just a thought.

mecompco

Not sure what kind of steampunk you are after but you can do a watch part pen. Ebay has many cat or kitten watches for sale. You can do the lower barrel with a decal and some yellowheart wood. just a thought.

Great idea--I have floated that to the client, again on the Morgan component set.

BradG

I could assist with a blank if need be, but would depend on your clients budget.

I would make something similar to this, from brass which would give you the yellow... with a couple of cats peeking out from behind the gear work.

that would cover yellow, cats, steampunk. just leaves you to use a fountain kit.

Attachments

• 620656_487913794633625_524094405_o.jpg
    620656_487913794633625_524094405_o.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 124

mecompco

I could assist with a blank if need be, but would depend on your clients budget.

I would make something similar to this, from brass which would give you the yellow... with a couple of cats peeking out from behind the gear work.

that would cover yellow, cats, steampunk. just leaves you to use a fountain kit.

Brad, I love the pen! I will run the picture by my client. :)

Regards,
Michael

pianomanpj

Wood 'n Whimsies also have a paw inlay kit for Sierra-style pens. I've made a few for some local veterinarians and they lost their minds. :biggrin: It's not the complete package you're looking for, but it could be an option and starting point.

Paw Inlay

Top Bottom