Comments needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I ordered some blank material from Pipe Makers Emporium and got it o Saturday. It's really beautiful stuff. One of the colors I ordered was Phantom Gray, thought it would look really nice as a platinum/22K gold Jr Statesman. The stuff did not look transparent until I started turning it. It is VERY transparent and of course I had not blackened the tubes and I use polyurethane glue. You can see the results in the picture. It produced an interesting effect. There's sort of a gold aura inside the material. I can't decide if I should use this or not. I had another set of tubes, so I blackened them and mixed up some long cure epoxy and also colored that. I can't decide if I should use the first set or not. Any thoughts?

20051024143046_phantom%20gray.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

If you like the look, go for it. Or better yet, if a customer likes the looks, go for it. I'd have to see the complete pen before I could make up my mind.

Sorry, not much help, am I.
Draken

Dario

I can only share my personal preference...I will not use it if it is me.

Then again some buyers may actually like it [;)].

rtjw

I also bought some from pipemakers. Mine are also somewhat clear and I painted the tubes and the inside of the blank. I wanted a different effect and kinda got it. I like it and I am keeping it as my personal pen.

20051024145412_DSC01141.jpg
<br />

gerryr

Johnny,
Is that the Caramel Creme? I also got some of that. What color did you paint the inside of the blanks? That's a really nice looking pen.

wood-of-1kind

Gerry, the marblelizing effect gives it a nice touch. A buyer may appreciate the 'extra' work theat went into your creation. Try to have a positive spin on things even when they might not be right. Let the market decide if it a saleable item.

MDWine

Now I'm excited, I got some of the caramel creme too!
That's a great looking pen, Johnny!!

Oh yeah... about the pen... I think I would put it together, someone out there somewhere is going to love it!

gerryr

I probably will complete it eventually, after I polish out the little scratch I didn't see the first time. Right now I'm hoping the next one turns out the way I hope it does, I added royal blue pigment and ultrafine pearl glitter to the epoxy on the other set of tubes. I don't know if the glitter will show, but I'm hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom