Comfort pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have a local supplier that sells pen kits, from PSI, and blanks and some supplies. I purchased comfort pens kits, just due to the fact i liked the looks of them and my wife likes a comfort style pen grip since she does a lot of writing at work. That is real motivation at it finest. I started drilling and epoxying the tubes in the blanks and am running short on pen kits. I don't have a problem ordering kits from PSI, but since my local guy has no more comfort pen kits and doesn't have any future plans to restock these comfort pen kits. I am getting paranoid that I have picked a dud to start my pen turning adventure but will finish up what kits I have left. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Given how long the comfort pen has been in the market, it's safe to say it isn't a dud. I wouldn't hesitate to order or make more. In addition to PSI, you should look at some of the IAP vendors. Here is a link to the vendor section here.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Comfort kits are not at all difficult to get. You can also find people who will sell the center bands and comfort grips so you can convert slimline kits to comfort pens with no difficulty. Lots of sources for this popular kit.

mecompco

I, too, like the Comforts. I make them with and w/o the grip. As mentioned above (and at least from one of the posters, among other sources), Comfort bands and grips are available to convert Slims. Pencils, though, are different and you have to buy the Comfort kit.

I made a bushing to fit over the bare part of the tube so I wouldn't have to part-off part of the lower blank. Sadly, my drilling was off so I've got to try making another one. It just seems a shame to me to use the extra material and then part it off.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom