Comfort bushing Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm

Hello everyone, I tried building my first two comfort pens today with bad results. The bushing that were supplied with the kits were from PSI and were not the correct size. Has anyone had this happen to them? The instructions said there are 3 bushing put the samll one on the writting end and the other two which are larger in the middle and top of the pen. The one of the top is way too large for the hardware that comes with the pen kit. Did I do things correct or wrong. Thanks in advance - Malcolm

Rob

Malcolm, learned the same thing the hard way a few weeks back. Turned out that the clip end needed a "standard" slim line bushing so that the clip and finial fit properly. If you use the rubber comfort sleeve, the two larger bushings are used for the middle band and the top part of the sleeve. PSI really ought to include 4 bushing rather than three in my view. Unfortunately, this sort of stuff has caused me to check bushings against hardware before turning rather than rely on the instruction sheets. Not that it's a bad thing to check, but I'd apparently been just lucky before.

Rob

tone

the small one goes on the clip end. One fat on both the other end and in the middle. This produces one tapered section for the clip end and one level fatter section for the nib end. The appropriate length of the nib section is then parted off to allow for the rubber grip. If you don't plan to use the rubber grip then use a slimline bushing on both ends and one fat bushing in the middle.

Malcolm

Ok , I thank you for the reply and the correct information. Man I glad I only messed up two pens, of which I am still going to remount and turn down to the smaller bushing. Thanks Rob and Tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom