Colt Bits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

How do they work with accrylics?

as you might somewhere on social media, "OMG, they work fabulous!" You know how a normal drill bit has a tendancy to slightly blow out on the bottom end where you drill through? Because of the "brad point" design, every drill hole is clean, every time!

walshjp17

Colt bits are quite nice. I have a set of Colt forstner bits I use for pepper mills. I'll not use another brand for mills again!

'Tis a shame Woodcraft dropped the Colt line. Now have to get them online -- but at least they'll likely be cheaper than at WC:wink:

kovalcik

I picked up two at Woodcraft on clearance for 30% off. I got the only two sizes that fit the pens I make. The rest that they had were sizes I have nver used for pens.

KenV

Tried one of the Colt Parabolic bits. Love it, don't think I'll ever go back if i can find somewhere that can sharpen parabolic bits!

Plan A for sharpening - Diamond file and magnifying glasses (head band like mag eyes works well) and keep them sharp.

Plan B -- find a tool and die guy locally and he will fix you up for a nominal charge (usually can be barter if he is doing it outside his place of employment)

walshjp17

I picked up two at Woodcraft on clearance for 30% off. I got the only two sizes that fit the pens I make. The rest that they had were sizes I have nver used for pens.

According to the manager at the local WC, once the Colts are gone, they're gone. If they have what you need now and don't want to deal with online, pick them up.

PenPal

I read comments all the time about sharpening as if this was essential to get value from the type of drill you prefer the ones I prefer and use have a drill point in the centre of the drill and can not be sharpened but for the hundreds of uses sometimes many hundreds the cost or true value of my drill comes down to such a minor total cost something being lost in most discussions I even see purchases of a hundreds of drills for 40.00 dollars guess what you will get what you pay for quality beats quantity hands down IMHO.

KInd regards Peter.

Top Bottom