Coloring Tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kooster

Undoubetedly, coloring/painting tubes has been addressed in previous threads but I would like some info, advice, opinions, etc. on using fingernail polish to color/paint tubes and its compatibility with epoxy. I've seen previous posts about using it with CA but haven't noticed anything about epoxy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Undoubetedly, coloring/painting tubes has been addressed in previous threads but I would like some info, advice, opinions, etc. on using fingernail polish to color/paint tubes and its compatibility with epoxy. I've seen previous posts about using it with CA but haven't noticed anything about epoxy.

If you are going to use epoxy you can color that instead of the tube. Then if you are going to use epoxy you can just reverse paint the blank.

Lin.

Brooks803

I agree with Lin. You're better off hiding the tube by painting the inside of the blank after drilling. I personally use Ceramcoat acrylic paint. I use 5min epoxy and haven't had any issues.

mg_dreyer

The only issue I ever have had with reverse painting (which is my preference) is the glue not adhering the tube to the blank well. It spins. Any idea? I have been using off the shelf five minute epoxy.

Top Bottom