coloring PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

On the Tues nite chat the topic was resin casting. WE talked quite a bit about how to color the resin. Here is a picture of a PR pen I made and used India Ink as the colorant. I know others have used India Ink...John Solberg (deere41h) educated me to India Ink. I would have never thought of using it. Thanks John!

2006722224_red%20black%20pr%20white%20stripe.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

JimGo,
I'll do another chat on casting...I think we had enough interest to warrant another session on the topic.

Jim in Oakville,
I too wish you could participate. We do have some Canadians who participate and even on member from Australia.

JohnCrane,
Thanks for the kind words.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />[:0]

Now I'm sorry I didn't participate!

johncrane

GOOD IDEA VIRGIL.Ihave bougth clear casting resin three months ago but havent had a go at it yet I find theres a lot of differnt formulas to the mixing of it p.s how much hardner/ to mix with resin and colour.maybe a lot of trial and error.

its_virgil

I only do polyester resin and ususlly use the colors that I get from the resin suppliers, although, India Ink works for me as does powdered tempera paint. As for the amount of catalyst, it depends on a number of factors: the thickness of the cast, the ambient air temp and other such factors. The amount of colorant can also effect the amount of catalyst. I use from 6 drops per oz to 2. There are 4 or5 articles in the library that give some nice instructions and guidelines. I have found that sometimes they must be modified for one's own shop. It is not difficult to do...the learning curve is not steep.

There is a member here from downunder who is active and into casting.. He lives in Victoria and you can find him in the member list. Darley......he often participates in the Tues nit chat, which is Wednesday afternoon for you guys.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by johncrane
<br />GOOD IDEA VIRGIL.Ihave bougth clear casting resin three months ago but havent had a go at it yet I find theres a lot of differnt formulas to the mixing of it p.s how much hardner/ to mix with resin and colour.maybe a lot of trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom