colored pencil pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff3285

can anyone give me some help on making colored pencil blanks,,i have been looking for the 8 sided kind but all I can find is the round ones,,any help on finding the right kind or the procedure for glueing or turning them would be a real help,,thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sabaharr

There is a video on youtube on that. As for the pencils try school supplies or ebay as a last resort.

Crayman

My wife is an art teacher, so i get a mix of short pencils from many diff manufacturers. I trim to approx 3/4" stand them up in a blank mold and cast them in Alumilite. I prefer to tint the Alumilte with a color for pens and I powder coat my tubes. I also cast them in a round mold with clear for pendents.

KenV

If you want the hexagonal ones, shop art supplies. The round ones are for school kids.

Have not seen octagonal ones that I remember

TonyW

As these coloured pencil blanks are another part of my learning curve, as I'never heard of them before, can I have a link to finished pens with them please. Unfortunately I couldn't find the original video mentioned in the clip John T' link.

Thank you,

Tony Wells.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I recently bought a couple of packages of hexagonal colored pencils at a dollar store - cheaper than any place else.

Notscottish

I got mine at Michael's crafts.

131232d1427676296-colored-pencil-pen-20150329_201508.jpg

Top Bottom