Colored kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

exactly, if your looking for nice inexpensive kits i'd save your money for a couple of nice euro's or slims with a good plating

ldb2000

If you really want pens with colored metal parts , learn to powder coat . There are allot of transparent (candy) colored powder coat powders . Powder coat is almost indestructible but if poorly applied it won't last so do your homework first and use a quality powder . Also pen kits almost all use some kind of protective over coat (epoxy , acrylic) and to powder coat them you must strip the coating off first .

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I wonder if there is any way to buy kits that are unplated for this purpose...... Would be interesting to find out.....

I'm sure there is, if you dealt with the factories overseas. However, the sticking point would be the minimum quantities required, likely several hundred units of each kit requested. OUCH!!

J

jackrichington

I've used the ones from Berea, and had no problems, and no one has come back to complain

ldb2000

Sorry to say the ones that I had problems with came from Berea through AS . As I said the coatings that they use are not very durable at all .
I don't give my pens away and if I charge a fair price for a pen and the coating chipped and wore off quickly my customers would never buy from me again . Since I don't have thousands to spend on advertising I have to depend on word of mouth and I want that word to be a good one , not one about how the pens I sold looked like crap after a short while , for this reason I will not take a chance on using these coatings .

JohnU

I bought a bag of red, blue and green from China about one year ago. Ive used them and had no complaints but the blue almost looks purple now. I usually give those pens away so I dont know if anyone would complain.

MobilMan

Thanks for all the comments. A friend of mine got a bunch off ebay & I didn't think they'd last long. Theye look pretty with the diff. colors but some of the clip coating felt like it had fine dust in it. Was just courious. Thanks

Top Bottom