color in gorilla glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sam

I have added acrylic paint to epoxy in the past , but can you do the same with the "fast cure" gorilla glue? Tkanks in advance for your input. Sam

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sam

Scott, I went ahead with it, as I have had no problem using the fast curing Gorilla Glue with acrylic tube gluing like I did with CA. The moment that I put the paint onto the GG to mix, it was beginning to foam some. I quickly mixed & applied the mix to the tube. I also had to use a lot more twisting of the tube inside the blank to get complete coverage. It seems to be a success. I competed 4 Sierra pens that way last evening.

Nick

I have tried it with sumo glue to glue the tubes into an Acrylic blank. I added some (small amount) of powder coating powder to tint the glue to hide the tube from showing.
What glue was left, I put together two pices of wood to test the bond. When cured, the wood broke and the glue joint held. Just an un-scientific test.
hope this helps

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I picked up some inexpensive pastel sticks (colored chalk?) and I'll shave off
a little bit or crush it with a mortar and pestle. It only takes a little. Then I
mix it with the glue before applying it to tubes or blanks. Seems to work fine
and I can customize the color.
For black or white, I just use the powdered tints I got for casting.

Scott, I went ahead with it, as I have had no problem using the fast curing Gorilla Glue with acrylic tube gluing like I did with CA. The moment that I put the paint onto the GG to mix, it was beginning to foam some. I quickly mixed & applied the mix to the tube. I also had to use a lot more twisting of the tube inside the blank to get complete coverage. It seems to be a success. I competed 4 Sierra pens that way last evening.

Thanks for the update! :good:

Top Bottom