Color choice to paint tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scoots

Just wondering what colors people find most helpful when painting tubes. I have a shredded US currency blank and two worthless wood blanks (blue and red). I was thinking of using green for the currency blank, and black for the other two. But, I haven't had too much experience and thought someone may have better ideas. Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgibb42

Depending on how dense your money blank is, you might want to use black paint instead. Typically, there will be some empty spaces between shreds of currency, and using green paint might blend in too much and cause the actual money to be hard to see. In addition to painting the tubes, I would paint the inside of the blanks as well, after the hole is drilled. This way, you help to eliminate any chance of seeing the glue through the blanks.

thewishman

Scott, each color gives a different look to the finished blanks. Light green, dark green, white, black... each creates a different result, as does the amount of paper in the casting. Lighter colors highlight the material in the casting.

Chasper

If you do a good job of painting the inside of the blank, there is not reason to paint the tube. I like pale grey for money blanks. As a general rule that I often break, I like to paint the inside of the drilled hole a lighter color than the blank.

Last edited:

Mac

1_IMG_0849.jpg.jpg
These are the same blanks. The one on the left is painted black inside of the blank. the other is painted red, You can get different looks by painting the tubes or inside of blanks. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom