collect chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clapiana

i am really loving my collect chuck with the rod i took out of my mandrel but its a little to short. who sells a mandrel which is long which would work well with a collect chuck? no threads would be ideal to in that i use a mandrel saver.

i was thinking maybe the drill chuck rod on psi but i am not sure how long it is

blessings
craig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clapiana

I have been trying one blank at a time but it's hard to get use to jn that I feel when both are side by side I 'see' the complete pen better as it unfolds but then again maybe I am nuts :)

ldb2000

A letter "D" drill rod is what you are looking for , they come in any length you want . Jeff is correct about using a shortened mandrel and turning one barrel at a time . The shorter the mandrel the less of a chance for flex while your turning and getting an OOR barrel . Consistency just takes practice .
Since you have a collet chuck you can even turn your barrels directly in the chuck like I do . Simply place your rounded blank in the chuck then using a caliper turn one half to size then change collet and turn the other half to size . This is how I turn most of my kitless pens .

Last edited:
Top Bottom