Cocobolo Alternatives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

Well since now I am allergic to cocobolo. Mainly just sensitive when it gets near my eyes. (raccoon eyes). Anyway, I was just wondering what the best alternative to cocobolo would be? Everyone likes cocobolo and I always get orders for it. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

I have the same problem... Only I could hardly breath after sanding the stuff.

I just got a better dust collector for suction and built an attachment for my lathe like Curtis's. Very little if any issues now.

crabcreekind

I have the same problem... Only I could hardly breath after sanding the stuff.

I just got a better dust collector for suction and built an attachment for my lathe like Curtis's. Very little if any issues now.

Its not the dust, it is the oils after i use it and i touch my face. I have a HUGE dust collector, it gets everything.

nava1uni

If you are allergic to cocobolo then you will probably be sensitive to most of the Rosewoods. Especially since it is the oil that affects you. The exotics from South America in the same family all seem to be highly allergic.

BKelley

I also am sensitive to cocobolo. Break out around the neck, arms, area around eyes, gets puffy, beween fingers and itches like heck. I use a lotion to mask these areas, I think it is called Liquid Gloves. Also try not to turn cocobolo when it is hot and I am sweaty. I still have some problems even with these prevention methods, but in the long run I think it is worth it.

Ben

Top Bottom