CNC Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis

Is anyone turning pens on a tabletop CNC lath? If so, would you be willing to send me a copy of the program are tell me where I can purshase it. I do not want to take the time to write the program. Mailing address is:
Jack Davis
Spring Hill High School
3101 Spring Hill Road
Longview, Texas 75605
e-mail:
jackdavis@springhill.esc7.net.

Thanks for all replys.

btboone

Mine's not exactly tabletop, but it's CNC none the less. The program you use will depend on your setup and pen style. To keep things stiff, I only turn half of a pen at a time. This way I can keep the mandrel at around 3" long and keep deflection to a minimum. Different lathes will have different programming languages as well. Mine uses diameter dimensions while others use radius dimensions. Mine also is different in that I just define the part geometry, and the lathe control figures out all the roughing and finishing passes from predefined parameters. I don't write code for it per se, otherwise I'd be happy to send you the code.

In short, it might be risky to use someone elses code unless you also know everything about the setup and are sure the control is similar. One option might be to have a student write it for some extra credit. If someone knows the basics, it can be a 10 minute task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom