Closed End Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I was hoping to get some basic and easy to understand information on turning closed end pens. I've really seen some beautiful closed end pens around here and think its time to give them a try.

Please keep in mind I have never worked with altering a mandrel or anything like that, so try to break it down for me the best you can.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

AZ Silhouette has the closed-end mandrels complete, and I think they have videos on the site to learn from. If not, they offer ample directions. I bought them, looked it over, have not tried one yet but they don't look that tricky.

Dale

its_virgil

You don't need any special tooling. But, special tooling is available as has been mentioned.
You can turn closed end pens with your standard mandrel or make your own tooling. Take a look at a couple of articles I've done. You can find them at http://www.RedRiverPens.com/articles Look at #13 and #14 and also #8. I hope they help.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I was hoping to get some basic and easy to understand information on turning closed end pens. I've really seen some beautiful closed end pens around here and think its time to give them a try.

Please keep in mind I have never worked with altering a mandrel or anything like that, so try to break it down for me the best you can.

Thanks.

Top Bottom