Closed end click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

About the only thing I can think of is the kitless click. I don't really understand what you mean by a closed end click pen, since it's basically open at both ends. I have thought about doing a click where the whole upper barrel was the click mechanism. But I don't know how you'd do that with a kit.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I've done a closed ended clicker.:biggrin:
Only two visible parts.......nib and clicker.
I'll post a plc later, cos I'm on my Kindle soaking up some sun rays and mellowing out in my garden.
It's in my album though..:wink:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
About the only thing I can think of is the kitless click. I don't really understand what you mean by a closed end click pen, since it's basically open at both ends. I have thought about doing a click where the whole upper barrel was the click mechanism. But I don't know how you'd do that with a kit.
I think you're onto it Bob. That could be done. I'm nowhere near being set up in the new shop yet. But, if you give it more thought, I'm sure you could figure a way to make it work.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I've done a closed ended clicker.:biggrin:
Only two visible parts.......nib and clicker.
I'll post a plc later, cos I'm on my Kindle soaking up some sun rays and mellowing out in my garden.
It's in my album though..:wink:
WHY....am I not surprised that YOU have made one? :biggrin: Enjoy the sun there pal! Then, get started on the tutorial :biggrin:

BSea

I think you're onto it Bob. That could be done. I'm nowhere near being set up in the new shop yet. But, if you give it more thought, I'm sure you could figure a way to make it work.
The way I'd do it is to use the brass click mechanism from Richard Greenwald.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Found it....first pen on page 21....
I didn't realise I had so many pics in my album..:eek::redface:

I think I probably did show how it was made but there has been too many sleeps and too many beers between then and now...:rolleyes:

BSea

Found it....first pen on page 21....
I didn't realise I had so many pics in my album..:eek::redface:

I think I probably did show how it was made but there has been too many sleeps and too many beers between then and now...:rolleyes:
I don't see a click pen on page 21. They all are closed ended, but they look like jr Retro rollerballs to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Here it is...

1_glitterclicker4.jpg

BSea

Very cool. That's kinda opposite of how I'm thinking. I'm thinking the upper barrel sliding down over the lower barrel. Do you remember what mechanism you used?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm pretty sure it was a long clicker from Lau Lau Woodworks.
I'll check the original photo date data as perhaps it was before the long clickers came out....? really not sure.
I did this when the IAP was on the previous site. Jeff transferred the albums in mid 2008 so it was between 2006 and 2008

Edit in; I just checked the photo data and apparently I took the pic on 6th April 2008, so I'm confident it would have been a long clicker mech

Edit in #2 actual posted it on Christmas eve 2007 here's the link but the link in the thread for the tutorial doesn't work anymore

LOL...those were the days:rolleyes::wink:

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry it was a request as my first post looking for help.
I can make a suggestion if, you don't mind. Not trying to appear as a know it all but, get your parts together (click mechanism from whoever you like, refill etc.) lay them out in front of you. Take measurements where you have different diameters for drills. Draw a rough sketch and, give it some thought about how you want your pen to look. I'll bet you can do it. Then, when it's done, make us a tutorial. :biggrin:

sbell111

Given that Randall's post about directions immediately followed Steven's post which stated that a tutorial existed, I think that you guys can cut him a break.

sbell111

So it seems it can be done, I have been trying to picture how but this discussion is good.

Based on this comment, I think we are doing just fine.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with not giving directions. I'm only saying that once it is mentioned that a tutorial exists, it is not unreasonable for someone to ask for directions.

Top Bottom