Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Buster none of the clips are from kit pens, they are from a supplier in China that I get them from unplated, I then send them off to be plated by a company in California.

Jim Burr

Banned
Thanks for your helpful response. Hopefully there's someone on the forum who actually has an answer to the question I asked.

Sorry you don't understand the basic premises that those who sell the product know what products they sell...at least in this case. Please try to help your self.

buster

Did you read his response? He said there not from kits. I understand now that he probably just orders the clips and has them replated. I know for a fact that I have seen all of these clips in different kits. What I don't know is if they are the same dimensions even though they look the same.

Timebandit

Did you read his response? He said there not from kits. I understand now that he probably just orders the clips and has them replated. I know for a fact that I have seen all of these clips in different kits. What I don't know is if they are the same dimensions even though they look the same.

Michael, unfortunately you are incorrect about these clips. As Roy has stated, these clips are not in any pen kit that you will find on the market. While they may look similar to something you have seen, they are indeed different. Kit manufactures produce their own clips. These are from a supplier that supplies to major pen companies, and arent sold in any kits. And I dont quite understand your last two sentences? If you know for a fact that you have seen them in other kits, then they are indeed the same dimensions. But you say that you dont know if they are the same dimensions even though they look the same.

They arent in any kits, so they are different dimensions as has been stated by Roy.

OKLAHOMAN

Buster sorry to burst your bubble, but these are not to be found on any kit pen, the Diane,the Sirik,the Shalie and the Linda don't look like clip on any kit pen and won't fit any kit pen that we know of. The Aubrey looks like the clip on the Jr. Gent and the dimensions are close but the plating is different as I have them in silver, 20K gold and a heaver rhodium. Please let me know if you can find these on any kit as if so I will stop importing the ones that are made for kits.

buster

Thank you all for clarifying. The reason I was asking is because I'm working on several prototype pens. So if they are ever out of stock and I really need one I could just order the kit. But, apparently they are not to be found in any kits. May I ask who this Chinese supplier is and do they have a minimum order quantity? Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. Thank you all very much.

jyreene

Ask Roy (Oklahoman). If he wants to divulge that it's completely up to him. It's his business (theclassicnib) that sells them and they are really well priced.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You can go to Alibab.com and type in "pen clips" and it will bring up chinese manufacturers that you can contact for quotes.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thank you all for clarifying. The reason I was asking is because I'm working on several prototype pens. So if they are ever out of stock and I really need one I could just order the kit. But, apparently they are not to be found in any kits. May I ask who this Chinese supplier is and do they have a minimum order quantity? Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. Thank you all very much.
Many of us know Chinese suppliers where we could purchase unplated clip blanks...If you are ordering enough of them you'll have no problem finding someone -- assuming you can provide the engineering drawings listing all the demensions etc.

Top Bottom