Clip Modificaiton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I purchased some Deer Clips from PSI and found out the hole is too small for the pen kits I have or plan to use. Has anyone enlarged the holes in a pen clip, if so how can i do this without ruining the clip.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

Tried to drill/ream a slimline out to fit something similar to the SLPro series. Didn't have a lot of success. I am sure it can be done just not by me... Yet.

Last edited:

t001xa22

Jim, like Ty said, a Dremel tool with a stone grinding bit or a steel rasp/bur bit works pretty well. Due to the thinness of the cap ring, it just can't hardly be drilled out. The only other thing is when reaming the ring out with the Dremel, be sure to keep rotating the bit evenly around the inside circumference. This will help make sure that the ring will set evenly under the new finial cap.

Lucky2

I've done it numerous times, and what I used was a dremel tool with a cone shaped stone. The reason I use a cone shaped stone, is that I can get a nice even round hole in the clip. I've tried other types of tips on my Dremel, but, to get a perfectly round hole the cone tip works best. Take your time, and you can get a hole in the clip that looks as good as any factory drilled ones do.
Len

johncrane

I use a chainsaw file,get yourself a popsicle stick put it under the clip then wrap masking tape or electrical tape around and around clip and stick this will protect the clip and be the handle while filing the ring, when it's just about size stop filling,and roll up some 240 grt sandpaper to fit in the hole, now twist the sandpaper around the ring and smooth out rough spots to round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom