Clip failure on Gent pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

Ive just had a customer contact me letting me know that he clip has just fell off his new gent pen he had ordered. it does not appear to of snapped, but rather the clip has seperated from the L shaped bracket.

Has anyone else come across this one before?

I dont want to advise the customer to try and crimp it back on again if its likely to fail again etc, and if its the case of it needs replacing, any tips of getting the end cap off without damaging the pen woudl be greatly appreciated

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Is this the full size Gent? And did it come from CSUSA? Or is it the Rizheng version, that they are selling as the Gentleman?

In either case, you can "remove" the "clipholder" by putting a dowel (wood) through the cap and tapping (ok, banging the heck out of) the dowel.
A metal "punch" will do the same thing, but you are likely to knock the insert out of the "clipholder". It CAN break that piece--if it does, just glue it on when you reassemble. Don't use CA.

This is all based on the CSUSA version. While I do have some of the Rizheng version (in my shop, we don't sell either version), I have never had to disassemble one.

crabcreekind

I have had this happen to me many times, You can very carefully epoxy it back on. But it can stilll come off. So just get a new clip, ask the supplier.

PenMan1

I have had this happen to me many times, You can very carefully epoxy it back on. But it can stilll come off. So just get a new clip, ask the supplier.

Yep, it's pretty common. Just epoxy it back, or call CS (I guess in your case UK) for a new clip.

Last edited:

BradG

Ok thanks for the replys all.

Ive always been impressed with the clips... just on this occasion its one ive sold .. guess thats down to sods law ;)

The customer is in another country though seems pretty keen to try dismantling it himself which im happy with. if he does manage to take it apart il post him a couple of clips

Top Bottom