Click style pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

donwae

I have a friend who wants a click style pen. Anyone have a suggestion which one is best or which one to avoid? I am fairly new and have made a few different click styles but not sure if any hold up better than others.
Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

Don,I've made a few with the kits I got from woodcraft that work pretty good and I've tried the 7mm click pencils that I would'nt even give away.

Personally, I didn't care much for the click mechanism in the Woodcraft pens, but they may have improved since I worked with them. I bought 10, and don't think I made all of them, because out of 7 made, only 3 performed well enough that I felt confident in selling them. Though I'm not too crazy about the plating choices and the appearance of the clip, I have to say that the PSI "Slimline-Pro" Gel Writer is probably the most reliable clicker I've worked with. Available from PSI, Woodturningz, Pens of Color, Augum's Penworks, and numerous other PSI distributors.

MDWine

try the button-click from Arizon/Berea... mechanism is really smooth, nice kit, and just a wee bit heftier than a slimline... I like'm!!

Lousy picture but a nice kit, IMHO
ClickPen.jpg

grumps

I agree with Michael that the AS click is pretty good but I also like the PSI Slimline Pro Gel, http://www.pennstateind.com/store/slimpro.html. The mechanism is pretty solid and the pen, even though it comes with a gel, can use a Parker-type BP. The downside is the plating choice - you're limited to gold and brushed satin. I've used both and I prefer the satin. The upside is that they are 8mm tubes so you can do a little profiling to the barrels.

Here's one (if I linked the pix correctly)...

Click%20-%20Osage%20Orange%20and%20red%20pick%20-satin.jpg

jt

Snazzypens

Well I have a question on click pens regards the berea one? Has anyone else had trouble with the pen not being able to be dropped at all or the click bit breaks off. I saw it happen to my father in law thought it was a dud. but when we moved in I noticed that 3 other of the berea click pens have broken so I am kind of mixed emotions about them. Does anyone else find they are easily broken?? Or did we get a dud pack of 5
bye Toni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom