the click stick!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

dangit...woodcraft click pen, berea evergreen blank. beautiful blank, painted out with glow in dark paint, assembled...push down clicker, stuck! clicker won't go back up. Already got the pen sold too. trying hard to pull it apart at the threads, but it won't budge, not that it matters, like I have a new clicker sitting around. I love their tech department...uhhhh, hmmmm, duhhhh, ohhhh, uhhhhh.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
That is the exact reason I quit using the click kits from W.C. I had to modify EVERY kit to get it to work. I only use the click kits from PSI now.

workinforwood

got it...in the meantime though, have to use up a few remaining kits. What did you do to modify the kit to get it to work right? I have another one that works, but I do find it's a bit stiff.

workinforwood

Ok, 2nd kit in a row is like junk. Guess I figured out how to modify it! The clicker wouldn't fit in the hole, which is probably why the other one didn't work either because I may have applied to much force and forced it to go it and now it is stuck too much for the spring to push it out. This time I experimented. It doesn't fit smooth into hole at end of pen. I retrieved small grinder bit for foredom carver tool and carefully ground away the plating inside the hole. clicker now operates smooth. Then I inserted/pressed in the female threads to the other end. I screwed in the male half of the pen, darn threads wouldn't feed all the way in! Grab the same male part from another bag and it screwed in fine. It's the male end that is bad. I can still use it in next kit but half to barrel trim the kit to be 1/16 extra long so that I can push the female part in a bit extra. So the fixes are to add 1/16 to length of click end and grind out the clicker opening. Anyone else find that I'm right? I've been on the phone with them. I am on a mission now for these pens to not exist if they are unusable out of the bag. There isn't alot of profit in a simple click pen, so you can't just be tossing kits away and mixing parts to create a pen.

Hosspen

Yep. I've had probs with their click pens (advertized as a cheaper pen that will use a parker style refill) Well I ordered 5 & used two and said Forget this. Also I had a few problems with woodcraft pencils. It makes me very leary of any kit that clicks from them. The in-store people told me they have had no problems with them. I'm more likely to believe penturners here than sales people at woodcraft though.

RollTide

Workingforwood,
Try cutting a little bit off the spring or use a lighter spring from another off the shelf pen. I had that problem with the Berea click pen kits. Just nipped off a little of the spring and it worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom