Click Pen Problems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I have been having problems with two of my click pens. One is a Click Pen from Lau Lau that I received from the PITH last year and one is a Slimline Pro from PSI. Both have the same problem and both use the Parker refill. When the original ink refill ran out I replaced them with original Parker refills. The problem is that occasionally the pen gets stuck with the tip completely out when clicked. I then have to take the pen refill out and put it back in. I tried off-brand refills and they do the same thing. It only does it every so often but enough to be annoying. Has this happened to anyone else and what was the solution?
TIA

(Please note that I love click pens and would not like to stop using them.:biggrin:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Is it just the refill that stick out or the hole click mech that don't come back. If it's just the refill, this happen with original Parker refil, they seems to be an hair bigger and don't retract well (often seen with cigar pen). Take a very smal file and just file the inside of the tip. Not much, you'll see that you just need one or two file stroke.

If it's the click mech that don't retract then i can't help you but with all the knowledge here someone will.

rjwolfe3

The whole thing just sticks. I think it has something to do with where the end of the refill meets the click mechanism. And it does it with both original and off brand.

Randy_

Parker refills used to be a little larger than they are now and larger than the clones versions and problems with them not retracting properly were common. So one possibility is that you got an old refill. What is a lot more likely is you got a kit with a little extra plating and the hole in the tip is just a shade tight. To test this, take the refill out of the pen and try to insert the tip into the tip of the pen. If you detect any drag or binding, then the hole in the pen tip is to tight and needs to be enlarged slightly.

Another possibility is the return spring may be a little weak. Remove it and stretch it a little so it will exert more pressure on the refill.

John Eberly

Click retract problems

I have in the past damaged the little plastic cams in the click mechanism. This can happen if you do something silly like trying to press or knock out the mechanism or slam the nib down while holding the button in.

The mechanism works by using the cams to rotate the refill into retracted or extended positions. If one of the cams is broken, it can intermittently jam the pen extended until you press the button hard. Have a look at this and see if there are any little white pieces of plastic floating around in there.

rjwolfe3

I could understand this with one kit but two different style kits from two different manufacturers using two different brand refills having the same problem just doesn't add up to me. But I am assuming that all Parker click mechanism are the same design so maybe there is a problem there. Thanks for all of the replies, I will just have to let my customers know to just play with the refills and they should work.

Top Bottom