Which Click pen to make?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have an order for 6 nurse pens and having been in the medical field I know a click pen works better for one handed operation while holding something else... ie patient charts

So I have tried the Vertex click and like the looks but not the action on the click mechanism.

I was leaning to the Gatsby click after reading a few reviews - are there other options or opinions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

My favorite click pen is the Berea Elegent Beauty click. Since they shortened the barrel and changed the click mechanism, it seems to hold up to the "power users" such as nurses, EMTs, meter readers and other members of "the clipboard gang."

I also like the Long Click, but so far, it hasn't been able to hold up the very heavy use of those listed above.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I use the previously mentioned "long Click" and abuse it daily. It has been in daily use(and abuse) at work for about a year and a half. The mech still works flawlessly. It was one in Rhodium plating from Lau Lau. I have made the ones from CUSA but have not put one through the same usage test.

GoatRider

My wife is a doctor, and says that many nurses will tape a pair of black and red bic pens together to get a double-ended black/red pen, because they write in two colors on the charts.

So, although it's not a click-pen, a "teacher's pen" might be a really good idea for nurses. Like this:

Teachers Pen Kit

This kit or similar is available from a lot of suppliers.

Last edited:

t001xa22

IMHO, I have had very good luck with these kind of kits for the everyday clickers. Their mechanisms are dependable, and their looks are complementary to whatever material I use. Folks like in the retail and medical fields don't seem to be so timid to use these regularly as they might the more elegant types. I get my best deals from Bill at Ariz. Silhouette on these Berea kits.

Attachments

• Azurite Clicker3.jpg
    Azurite Clicker3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Creamsicle Clicker3.jpg
    Creamsicle Clicker3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Kryptonite Clicker2.jpg
    Kryptonite Clicker2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Limeade Clicker1.jpg
    Limeade Clicker1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 133

rkenly

I like the Sierra click from Ariz Silhouette. They are pretty, and seem to work fine - I haven't dropped one tho - not part of my testing.

>>>Rod<<<

JRay8

i have been carrying a gatsby for 11 months at my restaurant with no problems. i have made many of them and have never had an issue. i dont think its a very feminine pen for a nurse. maybe the slim line pro would be better.

toolcrazy

My vote is the Sierra click. I'm on my third one, and not because they broke, they all still work flawlessly, but I get tired of the dressing. ;)

Top Bottom