click pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

knowltoh

Is anyone aware of a click pen kit that would be similar in size to a slimline? My wife wants a click pen, but does not like the thick barrel on available kits. Seems that 8mm tubes are the smallest that are click style. Is that simply because of the Parker style cartridge, rather than the Cross style?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

heinedan

Hello,

I have been making soem of the Power pen kits from PSI for my sons friends. I'm not much of a PSI fan, but these kits seem to be pretty well made. They also have a power pencil kit, so you can make matching pen and pencil sets. 2mm lead, so it does not breakl every ntime you look at it!!!

Dan

MobilMan

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=1972
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=1973
ldb2000. It's been awhile since I've bought the kits, but noticed the last couple had the 5mm lead. The origional ones [about 3 yrs ago] had 7mm lead. Just went to their catalog & see they only show 5mm. I've only bought the 'slim style' but don't see what lead the 'American Slim' has. I do know the origional kits came with 7mm. Some like the 5mm, but I can't write the 1st word without it breaking. So....guess I was wrong about the 7mm. Would like to know why they changed.

MobilMan

My Sis-in-Law [school teach] has been using one for at least 3 yrs & needed an eraser. I contacted WC & they sent me one no chg. Was darn nice of them, but with all the boxing up & freight-seems they would have sent 2-3.

PaulDoug

I don't think there is a 7mm click pen. The Power Pen is as close as I have ever been able to find and it is 8mm. I like the kit though.

JerryS

PSI Slimline Pro is a real nice click kit , although it uses an 8mm drill bit . The tubes seem to run around 7.77mm .

ldb2000

I use the slimline pros for customers that want the click style ,and I have never had a problem with them . I have one customer that wants a true slimline click , she says the slimline pros are too big and heavy , go figure , she has a standing order for 10 of them if I ever find them . Mobilman , those use 8mm tubes as do the slimline pros . Almost all of our kits use a 7mm mandrel with different size bushings .

DozerMite

Banned
The kits at WC used to be 7mm but, I just looked and they say "O" size now.
I have 50 or so that I got a year or so ago and they had to be modified to get them to work proper. Maybe this is why they changed them.

DozerMite

Banned
Your link isn't working for me but, going by the bushing #, they sound like the right ones. However, I emailed them and they told me the never carried a 7mm click pen. I used to get them all the time. I wouldn't recommend them though, they are crap.

Randy_

The slimline pencil kits have a rep for not holding up very well. Been quite a few posts by folks here who have had them quite working after a few months. You might want to look at the Berea Perfect Fit Convertable. A bit bigger than a slimline; but smaller than a cigar kit and uses the Schmidt pencil cartridge which is very reliable.

PaulDoug

Butch, I think I'd make the 8mm one out of something light and tell her it was a slimline! Think she would notice the difference? (I know - dishonest!)

heinedan

Hello,

About a year ago I bought 10 of the woodcraft click pen kits so I could take advantage of the price break. I made for my wife - she's the one who demanded I make one for her - and took the rest back for exchange. I did not like the kit at all. I love that long click pen that CSUSA just added along with a matching pencil. Very high quality kit.

Dan

deedubs

I too have been looking for a 7mm click pen for some time now. Seems to me that there is a fair amount of interest in this type of pen. Perhaps if we had enough members sign onto a letter to PSI or another company, we could convince them or their supplier to start producing a 7 mm click pen.

I just finished the Woodcraft click pen, and I think it works (and feels) very nice! I have to say, the mechanism is a lot better than the WallStreet II click mechanism.

Be VERY CAREFUL not to remove any length from the upper tube on this kit. The cap, mechanism and screw insert have no tolerance built in.

Top Bottom